It arrives with all systems integrated giving developers the equivalent of a rolling start. The modular solution eliminates the need to build cumbersome test rigs and source equipment from multiple vendors, saving time and cost. With an open and flexible architecture, AV developers can easily create in-vehicle development environments that suit their needs.
A holistic hardware and software approach to data logging, compute, storage, and connectivity for ADS and ADAS development.
1. Data logging: supports CAN and Ethernet interfaces, with up to 240TB of AV data storage, in a swappable cassette. Integrated compute for live preprocessing of data.
2. Networking: 1/10Gbps ethernet switch, future proofing access to the next generation of sensors.
3. High Performance Compute: GPU support to evolve AV algorithms and train deep neural networks. Supports virtualization for the secure running of any AV software in-vehicle.
4. Connectivity: Connect in-vehicle over Wi-Fi and easily extend in-vehicle networks to the central office over LTE/5G networks. Supports SD-WAN for secure over the air access from anywhere.
5. Management and Monitoring: Reduced IT effort with secure remote management and monitoring, provisioning, and over-the-air updates, with Ansible automation and Nagios support.
6. Power: Inbuilt 12VDC power distribution, eliminating the need for external power inverters.
RAVEN comes as a 19″ (5U) rack-mountable enclosure that is 10″ deep. The enclosure has an in-built 12VDC power distribution to power modules. AV developers can easily configure their development environments with Klas modules, or bring their own customized modules.
Slot 1-3: AV R&D data logger with CAN and ethernet interfaces
Slot 4: Intel compute with virtualization support
Slot 5-6: Nvidia Turing-based GPU
Slot 7: LTE/5G compute gateway with Wi-Fi and GPS support
Slot 8: 1/10Gbps Ethernet Switch
The Klas general compute, connectivity and networking modules can be fitted with battery backups, allowing AV developers to continue to communicate with the vehicle in the event of sudden power loss.
Support for customized hardware.
RAVEN’s plug-n-play modules, make it easy to adapt to the development environment as your project needs evolve. Add additional data logging and storage for longer test drives, or swap out data storage for connectivity to access insights in real-time. Check out our Autoware.Auto eBook, for an example of a self-driving use case.
“RAVEN has allowed us to focus on our core objectives of evolving our ADAS capabilities, with the flexibility to re-configure our development environments, our developers are always on top of developing and delivering the next generation of innovation.”
Director of ADAS Innovation, OEM
We understand the process and complexities involved in choosing the right technology partner. Our technical sales team are here to answer any questions you might have regarding RAVEN and will happily call you back or send you an email to discuss your project.