TRX R2 is a rugged compute gateway that combines both connectivity and local compute so that vehicles and operators have connectivity when they need it, but local processing capabilities when connectivity is unreliable. The solution is underpinned by KlasOS Keel, a lightweight OS with integrated hypervisor, SD-WAN and Wi-Fi, and cellular connectivity management.
TRX R2 can be configured with two 4G/LTE modems or with a single 5G modem. In addition, the TRX R2 integrates GPS, Wi-Fi, and 2 x 10 Gb Ethernet (8-core variant). Combined with Klas’ proven SD-WAN feature embedded in Keel, multiple transports can be used simultaneously in a secure and agile way. A broad range of virtual machines are also supported, including VPN technology, WAN optimization, RoIP, and video analytics.
- Intel® Atom™ Denverton 8-core, 4-core or 2-core processor options
- Two 4G/LTE modems with Band 14 Firstnet support or one 5G modem
- NVMe-based storage with up to 512GB capacity
- Two copper 1Gb Ethernet ports
- Two 10 Gb SFP+ ports in 8-core variant
- SD-WAN support for LTE modem aggregation, secure VPN, and headend
- Simultaneous Wi-Fi AP and client
- KlasOS Keel software providing:
- In process for NIAP CC validation